:: Hot Enough For Ya? :: :: Hot Enough For Ya? ::

Quite Good

In classic style, everyones favorite (or LEAST favorite) squirrel provides us with more rantings about the pedestrian life.

What's wrong with Foamy? Nothing coming out of this series has actually been new or inspired since the first one.

What's right with Foamy? Why fix it if it aint broke!? This shit is still funny due to the implacable nature of the character and the reality of his rants. Keep makin' 'em just the same, because that's what we want.

Sonic Cosmic vs SSW 2 Sonic Cosmic vs SSW 2

... Where's Sonic? And who are those sprites?

I've played and beaten every Sonic game for the Sega Genesis ever released - yes even Flickies Island and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. And this... doesn't seem to have anything to do with any of them except that all of the characters are re-painted sprites from those games.

I'm not familiar with either title - Cosmic or SSW2 - and assume they're titles of flash serials.

Here's my breakdown review: The idea of a deathmatch tournament hasn't been new OR exciting since Dragonball came out in the 80s. This is hindered by the fact that there is no character development, meaning I don't really care about the outcomes of the battles.

The few characters that even dialogue have hackneyed archetypical anime lines that make little sense. All of the characters struck me as stereotypes. Two - a male and female hedgehog - are the stereotypical he-man and you-think-I'm-weak-but-I'll-show-you-
even-though-I'm-still-sweet girl. Another two unrelated characters simply seemed depressed and irritable without any real cause.

The dialogue was shoddy to say the least. Some real gems like this caught my attention:

"I'll go as far as I think I need to stop. The guy I'm fighting doesn't look so tough... and hey.. if you stay here with me."

I believe all native English speakers will balk at this. The author seems to have trouble with periods, using them often where commas would go and creating fragments and incomplete sentences galore. This really detracts from the watchability.

Finally we come to the actual combat.

The first fight scene was... confusing. There didn't seem to be any laws of physics, and the scenes kept changing randomly. And I have no idea where the bucket of acid came from nor what it actually DID. The powers exhibited by the characters weren't consistent nor did they really interest me.

The second fight was admitted by the author to be crap. I can't attack it - he admitted it! It wasn't bad, at least it made sense, but it wasn't great.

The third fight was INTERESTING! Honestly, the characters had powers and weaponry that has not been overdone in this genre, and played off of each other in interesting ways. The winner of the battle was a character who could shrink. A good idea. But I have to admit I liked it better the first time when he was called Ant Man.

Or Micromax.

Or Goliath.

Or the Wasp.

You know.

Overall, the writing and story killed this animation. Good ideas and a medium level of flash skill were overwhelmed by a completely underwhelming plot and slipshod dialogue.

Arnas responds:

That's not exactly what he said.

If you're wondering why there was random stuff going on in the battle. It's because it was a nightmare and nightmares are unexplainable, distorted and weird.

I never watched DBZ so I don't know anything. You should see my other episodes to see why the characters are depressed or the way they are. I'm sure many people who catch up with my flashes already know that. The reason I am making the not-so-new thing such as a tournament. It's because it's simply a battle between two series and I know that a lot of people like tournaments as well.

Cheers for the review though

Sci-Fi Guys 7 Sci-Fi Guys 7

Zoinks

Fairly good submission, and it wasn't just a straightforward linear construct, it had good play and re-playability.

To the previous reviewer, yes the fourth dimension is time, but no we are not four dimensional creatures because we do not have the ability to change place in time - ie go to the past as easily as we go down the street, or go to the future like we climb stairs.

Angry White Boy Polka Angry White Boy Polka

HAHA

but a few quibbles.

since when do the Hives look like a barbershop quartet? Or... anything like that, for starters.

WorldWar2 WorldWar2

A very good piece of Flash but....

Some quibbles about the English. "Meny" should be "Menu", and I think by "polan" you meant "Poland"?

Then there's the historical problems. You make it look like the minute the Germans invaded Poland, the Americans lept to the rescue, when in fact the United States remained neuteral until after the invasion of France. And in fact, the Americans, while instrumental in taking back France and defending the Western front, did NOT defeat Hitler. The invasion of Germany and destruction of Nazi power was performed almost single-handedly by Soviet Russia. It was not until COMMUNIST bombs were exploding all over the "fatherland" that Hitler committed suicide. The Western Allied forces didn't occupy West Germany until after Russia ceded it to them.

So uh... where are the Russians in your animation?

Magnificent Chubbalope #1 Magnificent Chubbalope #1

Quick question

Why does a man dressed like an American outdoorsman with a mustache like a French Canadian say "G'day" like an Australian and have a slightly effected speech pattern resembling the South African accent?

Smooth Bad Busters Smooth Bad Busters

D00D

I love this thing, man. Hook me me up with the MP3 of this!

Foamy: Nazi Samurai!!! Foamy: Nazi Samurai!!!

I'm not rabid for Foamy, but...

This was poorly thought out and the sound was annoying, especially the really low quality version of "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" (it's not even a very good song to begin with.)

It's just not that fantastic.

GameSlave responds:

Ok.

Conan VS Kindergaten Kop Conan VS Kindergaten Kop

Jewish Governator?

I noticed the accent stumbled and fell towards Jewish "boobala" a few times

go go go go go go

Just one thing

Great animation, TERRIBLE drawing. take an art class and then MAKE THE BEST VIOLENT FLASH EVER.